Cinnamon Sugar Scrub for Skin



I wanted to talk about how I decided to take up yoga (again) in my attempt to finally do a hand stand but I will save that for another time. What I really want to talk about is all the makeup contouring I have been seeing lately all over Pinterest and Facebook. I find it fascinating that you can look like a total different person with just makeup; I guess my mom was right “when she said makeup does wonders”. 


Contouring should be used on those makeover shows, just for the final awe! I know if I was asked to be on a makeover show I would definitely want to look like a total different person just to shock everyone! The best part if the law was ever after me (not that they are) all I would need is some makeup contouring and I could live in the same town without anyone knowing. I would need lots of practice before that happen because if I ever tried to do contouring I would end up looking like I belong in a circus instead of on a runway. I am defiantly a fashion and make up girl but I  prefer a natural and simple look. What about you?



Now let’s get to what you all came for the Cinnamon Sugar Body Scrub! If you want your bathroom to smell like cinnamon I suggest you make this scrub tonight. It reminds me of holiday baking, although it’s 90 out and the “winter lawn” has been planted.

I like to switch the oils I use in my sugar scrubs and since I have been using coconut oil for a while I decided to use sunflower oil. I know coconut oil has a lot of benefits but it does not mean other oils are bad. Some oils are just as good if not better. It all depends on the quality of the oil whether it came from a nut or a sunflower. Whichever oil you decide to use to make this cinnamon sugar scrub, remember cinnamon is a great anti-inflammatory that will make your bathroom smell just like you finished baking cinnamon cookies.



Cinnamon Sugar Body Scrub Ingredients: 
1 cup sugar
¼ cup raw sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup oil (I used sunflower)
10 drops of cinnamon essential oils
Cinnamon Sugar Body Scrub Directions: In a bowl place sugar, raw sugar,  and cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients until the cinnamon is incorporated into the sugar; slowly add essential oil and sunflower oil stirring until all the mixture is covered in oil. Place in air tight container and store. If you leave the lid off the jar and add more essential oils and your bathroom will smell lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...